“Being a relative novice at blogging, I couldn't figure how to share this news other than just straight up posting it,” says Ed at Shots That Snap.
I am a novice blogger as well so I am pirating Ed’s approach to this award.
Thanks so much for this award, Ed! It is appreciated! And thanks to texwisgirl from The Run-a-Round Ranch for telling me how to stick the award pic into this posting.
I will make every attempt to follow the rules that come with this honor.
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
I am so new at blogging that I am not following 15 blogs yet. I have to get on the stick.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Here are seven things about myself:
- I am a baseball fan. I love everything about it. And I admit that it's fun being a Red Sox fan since I have lived in New England for almost 30 years now even though I grew up in Southern Ohio. I have to say that I would be torn if the Red Sox met the Cincinnati Reds again in the World Series. I don't know which way I would go.
- I love to travel and love to be home...fortunately for me, I am either one way or the other 90% of the time.
- I wish that blue jeans were the official clothing of the United States.
- We had a wonderful opportunity to live in Santiago, Chile from July of 2000 to July of 2001. It was interesting living in that beautiful country and more interesting trying to communicate in Spanish every day. The appreciation I felt for the many people there that tried to understand my Spanglish was unbounded. It gave me an appreciation for people who come to this country and learn to speak English and empathy for those who find English a difficult language to learn.
- I have three sisters and three brothers and I am third from the top.
- I love books and I am not a snob about what form they come in. I read traditional paper books, listen to audio books and am the new proud owner of a NOOK that I intend to make full use of.
- Trees are my higher power.
Here are the blogs I am currently following: