Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday’s Scavenger Hunt…


I just got back from a quick weekend at Lake George, New York, with my husband Greg and his biker friends.  Nice people, nice time.  We went on a boat ride on Lake George on the Steamer Mohican, which was put into action on the lake in 1908.  Perfect for my first pic.

WATER:



PETAL:



FRESH:  I will admit reaching into my archives for this photo.  I just didn’t have time to come up with anything.  Besides, it has been so blasted hot around here that nothing is really fresh.



LIGHT:    Well, it wasn’t until I looked at some of the other entries for this week’s Hunt that I realized that I copied down the wrong word.  It’s EIGHT, not LIGHT.  So I am putting two photos here.  The first one is LIGHT and the second (again into the archives) is EIGHT.





CALM:  Hoping you all have a nice, calm week ahead.



Linking to Scavenger Hunt Sunday. 






23 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am laughing at you! light instead of eight! sounds like something i'd do. my poor old eyes ain't what they used to be. :)

i always love what you find for these hunts, no matter what the word(s). :)

Shaun said...

That feather shot and the petal are perfection. Well done, and glad you had a good trip !
Shaun

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful shots! I like them all. Enjoy the week.

Christy said...

I love your calm shot but I'm really loving the "light" shot. I'm glad you misread it.

theconstantwalker said...

A wonderful post.. you have put a big smile on my face xx

eileeninmd said...

Barbara, great post and I enjoyed your photo hunt shots. The lake is pretty, sounds like a nice trip.

Brian King said...

Gorgeous photos, Barbara! The flower shot for petal is spectacular! Nicely done! Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Jen said...

Wow! Really beautiful shots!! I love the calm...there is something about a beautiful sunset over a body of water...LOVE.

Nicki said...

at least you found the words - I don't know what my problem was, but I kept clicking on the link at the top of Ashley's blog and saw nuffn'. Those peppers in your fresh shot look so good. (we're a bit wilted versus fresh here as well). I especially like your water shot - so beautiful.

Chatty Crone said...

Love the words and the photos - my favorite is the last one! Love, sandie

Ida said...

Really good job with the prompts.
My favorites: Water, Petal and Calm. That one is so pretty.

RobertN said...

Wonderful! Have a great week!

MEcoy said...

love that sunset viewand that feather nice one

MEcoy said...

love that sunset viewand that feather nice one

Karen said...

you made me chuckle, that title on the top picture...'water'...I'm glad you told me I never would have known!! lol...

EG CameraGirl said...

Hehe! Funny how we sometimes look too quickly and misread a letter that changes the meaning so completely. :)

Rose said...

I could use a few days a big lake...though the temps are not over a hundred these days, it is still miserable outside. That first shot of yours is just soooo inviting.

Lydia Martin said...

Lake George...been yrs...but such a lovelya rea! and of course the steemer

Debbie said...

this was a fun set AND you are sooo honest!!

i missed this week and i had some great ideas!!

Anonymous said...

The feather is amazing ! Thank you for the inspiration. Please have you all a wonderful Tuesday.



daily athens photo

Gunsside said...

Great post and a beautiful sunset ! :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Beautiful collection - I'm loving the first shot.

Stratoz said...

Peppers!