Friday, November 2, 2012

I was a bit hasty in my arrivederci to Roma...

One of the things I was unprepared for with this knee surgery is the inevitable fatigue that goes along with it.  So I have been lax at looking through everyone's blogs.  But nothing could stop me from messing around with a few of my photos yesterday.  I realized that I had a few more Rome pics I wanted to share.

Here we are looking down a side street near the Pantheon.  I love those narrow curving side streets.  Just beautiful.


 Like every self-respecting tourist, Greg and I had to go to the Trevi Fountain.  The crowds there were ridiculous and I found myself thinking I would never want to be near that place in the summer.  But it was beautiful.  And we threw our coins in just like we were supposed to.  This is  a shot of one part of the fountain.


On our tour of Rome, Greg and I were taken to a delightful restaurant Sora Rosa where we had lunch outside.  The weather was perfect and the meal was very good.  Here is the bruschetta that  we began the meal with.  Our pasta course followed.  We decided that Pasta Carbonara was about the best thing going and had it a few more times on our trip.  I would say though that this may have been the best we had.



Here we are looking at the Appian Way after a visit to the Catacombs.  I remember reading about the Appian Way in Latin class while in high school but I never thought I would actually see it.  


Now I think I can say "Arrivederci, Roma!"  Until the next time...

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you don't have to stop on our account. these are beautiful.

and i'm definitely having meat sauce w/ something for dinner. thanks!

Rohrerbot said...

Gosh that wine looks delish!!! Knee surgery is a bit draining. It takes 3-4 weeks to recoup:) But I love these shots:)

Elizabeth Edwards said...

gorgeous views. wow, what beautiful places to see. (:

Juliana said...

oh! so yummy adventure!
I feel the mood of your trip!))
so nice!

xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

Pamela Gordon said...

I love that first photo of the narrow curved street. Were you asleep for your knee surgery? If so, the anesthetic will leave you tired for quite a while. ;( Enjoy the weekend recuperating.

MEcoy said...

If i were to visit there i would probably leave no more

Nicki said...

bruschetta - oh my how I love buschetta and your food shots are magazine worthy. But then again, so are all your street and road shots. Fabulous.

Hope you are resting and healing well.

Chatty Crone said...

I went to Italy once YEARS ago - I would love to go back.

Did you have a knee replacement? I had one two years ago.

Sandie

Brian King said...

Beautiful photos! I really like the second one of the sculpture! I hope your knee recovery is coming along as it should.

Unknown said...

this is what i missed from being out of the blogosphere for so long! your collection of captivating pictures!

Anonymous said...

Lots of colour and life here in these images!

Betty Manousos said...

wow, i'm drooling over that pasta.

looks so delish and temting!
sounds like a fantastic trip as well.

i totally enjoyed your beautiful photos!

happy sunday~

ELE said...

Italian food....Very good...
Best regards from Italy
Ele

Stratoz said...

Hope your knee is feeling better.