1) On Tuesday, I went with the Photography Group of the Massasoit Art Guild to Moore State Park in Paxton, Massachusetts. That’s where I took the photos that I am posting today. I think that one of the most charming things about this area where I live is that one often comes across stone walls. They meander here and there. Even walking in the deep woods, you can come upon remnants of them from when the land used to be clear and farms were active. We have one in our front yard marking our property line. I don’t know how old the stone walls are in these photos. They look to be very well maintained, but they are a nice link to the past.
2) I think that if you have ever checked out my entries for Random 5 Friday, you would know why I was terribly unsuccessful at Twitter and had to close my account. It made me very frustrated. I just can’t seem to keep my entries short. I talk too much.
3) Yesterday was my husband Greg’s birthday, but we’ve been so busy lately with this and that, we are celebrating tonight. I am making the usual strawberry rhubarb pie. We are just not cake people and I got tired of throwing away leftover cakes over the years. That hardly seems celebratory. But there is never ever leftover pie to throw out.
4) I’m cooking up a storm today. Well, baking up a storm. I also have a loaf of garlic chorizo bread going. The garlic has to roast in the oven for an hour or so. Pretty soon the house will smell like an Italian restaurant and I am going to want something to eat. Last night I made a loaf of apple/blue cheese bread. Contributions to a wine and cheese get together tonight.
5) I’m counting down the days until we leave for Norway – June 12. But I am still not sure what I am going to pack. I have a vague idea. I want to pack light but need to be prepared for different temperatures. Fortunately, it doesn’t look like it will get below the 40s in any place we are so that is good. I can stand that. I actually like that. Everything I read says to pack layers. So that is what I am going to do when I figure it all out….
LINKING WITH A RURAL JOURNAL'S RANDOM 5 FRIDAY