Friday, July 5, 2013

Five Flåm fences and five random thoughts…







1)  It has been really hot here since we returned from Norway.  Hot enough to make me want to hop right back on that plane and head back.  I can’t take the heat.  Even as a kid I hated it.
  It makes me feel like a slug.

2)  I had to take my Prius in for her 50,000 mile maintenance this afternoon.  Even though the waiting room was air conditioned, it was still stuffy in there and I had a hard time keeping my eyes open.  The good news is that she (Ms. Prius) got an excellent health report.  The bad news is that I had a hard time keeping my eyes open on the drive home and had to stop for coffee.  Now, I am hoping that doesn’t interfere with my sleep tonight.
 
3)  I need to get some sleep tonight, because tomorrow at 10 am sharp, I am going to be one of the judges at our neighborhood 4th of July parade.  For the last three years or so, I have had the dubious honor, together with two other neighbors, of deciding which float is the best.  We’ve always been unanimous in our selection.  Hoping tomorrow won’t be any different.

4)  Yes, I know that tomorrow is the 6th of July.  Our neighborhood party is usually on a Saturday closest to the actual 4th.  That way, if the weather is horrid, we have a rain date.  If the weather is just ungodly hot, as it is likely to be tomorrow, we have the party and I just stay as still as possible.  We’ve lived in the neighborhood for 26 years and I can remember only once that we’ve had to use the rain date.

5)  The photos I’m posting today are from around Flåm, Norway.  What a beautiful little town!  While I would normally link to Life According to Jan and Jer's Friday's Fences, Jan and Jer are on a much deserved mini-vacay this week and it will resume next week.  I'm sure I can find more fences and link up then.

LINKING TO

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sorry for the heat wave! good luck with the judging tomorrow! i love the last b&w best!

Unknown said...

We were cooking today too...but I think you were prob worse...we do have breezes coming in from the Bay of Fundy and people come up from the valley to our area to get cooled off. What a picturesque and inviting place you have featured here....a goat this terrain seems very appropriate ;) Hope yr judging tomorrow is as easy as the other years! A cold can of pop (unopened of course) on the back of the neck works wonders!

Mary said...

I agree with you about the heat. It's such a life sucker outer..

And speaking of that, i hope it's not too hot on parade day. :)

These are gorgeous photos. Norway looks to be a truly beautiful, friendly, fascinating place. I've added it to my hope-to-get-there-someday list!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the heat... it's so humid, here.

Beautiful scenery in Norway! WoW! =)

MEcoy said...

well here in our place it's being hot in the morning and cold a t night but sometimes it's in reverse so i can never tell
anyway the third shot was really cute and the rest were great as always too

Anonymous said...

I love the Goat pic, try and stay cool....I know how you feel, it makes me sluggish too!

Nancy said...

Beautiful countryside shots Barb -- it does look a bit cooler there.

Have fun at the celebration today! xo

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Your photos are fabulous - and I love love love the header.

Your parade sounds like such fun - we always had a parade and big doings in Alaska in the small town I grew up in - I love those things. Although rain never stopped our parades - since it rained a lot there (in SE Alaska) so we just marched and watched and wore our rain coats or got soaked - it was all fun.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

It has been ultra humid here, which just drains me.

I hope you had a great time at the parade and party today!

I love all the photos, but I especially like the one taken along the fence line--very nice!

Brian King said...

Those farm shots are fantastic! That is some really gorgeous country! I see why you like it so much! I'm not a hot weather person, either. I could easily live with fall-like weather year round.

Meghana Hassan said...

Wow, beautiful...

Rose said...

Those are lovely fence shots...was thinking to myself why didn't you use them for Friday's Fences...then you told why.