1) It has been really hot here since we returned from Norway. Hot enough to make me want to hop right back on that plane and head back. I can’t take the heat. Even as a kid I hated it.
It makes me feel like a slug.
2) I had to take my Prius in for her 50,000 mile maintenance this afternoon. Even though the waiting room was air conditioned, it was still stuffy in there and I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. The good news is that she (Ms. Prius) got an excellent health report. The bad news is that I had a hard time keeping my eyes open on the drive home and had to stop for coffee. Now, I am hoping that doesn’t interfere with my sleep tonight.
3) I need to get some sleep tonight, because tomorrow at 10 am sharp, I am going to be one of the judges at our neighborhood 4th of July parade. For the last three years or so, I have had the dubious honor, together with two other neighbors, of deciding which float is the best. We’ve always been unanimous in our selection. Hoping tomorrow won’t be any different.
4) Yes, I know that tomorrow is the 6th of July. Our neighborhood party is usually on a Saturday closest to the actual 4th. That way, if the weather is horrid, we have a rain date. If the weather is just ungodly hot, as it is likely to be tomorrow, we have the party and I just stay as still as possible. We’ve lived in the neighborhood for 26 years and I can remember only once that we’ve had to use the rain date.
5) The photos I’m posting today are from around Flåm, Norway. What a beautiful little town! While I would normally link to Life According to Jan and Jer's Friday's Fences, Jan and Jer are on a much deserved mini-vacay this week and it will resume next week. I'm sure I can find more fences and link up then.