Friday, November 22, 2013

The Life and Times of Olive the Pug: Visiting our NEIGHbors…

Earlier this week we got a nice break in the late fall weather.  The temperatures were in the 60s and the sun was shining bright.  I asked Olive if she would like to take a walk to see if the horses were around.  She said yes, of course.  So off we went.



When we got down to where the horses hang out, they were nowhere in sight.  I told a disappointed Olive that maybe they were eating their lunch or something and we continued on to the turtle pond.  I was surprised to hear creatures plopping into the water but I couldn’t tell if they were turtles or frogs.  That prompted me to make a mental note to find out what happens to turtles and frogs around here when the cold weather hits.  I don’t think I’ve ever known.  Olive and I stood around and admired the still water and the bright sunshine for a while and then turned around to head back home.  It does get dark around here pretty early these days.


As we walked pass the horse field once again, I noticed that one of them noticed us and began to run down the hill to say hi.  Of course, if one comes to say hi, the others follow along pretty quickly being pretty nosy and curious beings.  We hung around for a little while and while I patted some equine noses, Olive scraped around in the dirt to let them know that that side of the fence was theirs and this side of the fence belonged to pugs and their adoring public.



Then we said good-by and they watched us walk away as we headed for home.


Until next time...

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

they're beautiful. :) love olive's tough pug act. :)

Brian King said...

Beautiful horses! I'm glad they showed up. Love the lake, too!

eileeninmd said...

Love the cute dog and the beautiful horses. Beautiful scenes and photos. Have a happy weekend!

Debbie said...

the horses are awesome, but olive steals the show. what a cutie he is!!

Unknown said...

Lovely fall photos....so glad Olive got to see the horses. If she wants, she can come visit a very muddy one in my barn. I planted blubs yesterday and I think it may have been my last chance. You have some very pretty places to walk!

Unknown said...

Besides the blubs, I also planted bulbs....sp check where are you?

diane said...

I've always loved horses ...
Olive makes me laugh .... :-D
And YES it gets dark way too dang early!!!

diane @ aug's blog

Deanna said...

Looks like you and Olive have quite the adventures. I don't know what frogs & turtles do in the winter-time...we sure have plenty here as well.

Pamela Gordon said...

What an enjoyable walk. The lake shot is beautiful and so are the horses. Don't frogs dig down in the mud of the ponds to hibernate? If you find out let us know. :)

Nicki said...

What a fun walk. I wondered the other day what happens to frogs come "really" cold weather because we still have some pretty good sized ones out back.

The Furry Gnome said...

I like the pond. I think frogs and turtles bury themselves in the mud to hibernate.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Olive makes for a wonderful companion! You got some great photos--I especially like the one of the horses running. And good for Olive for making the boundaries clear. :-)

Rose said...

Oh, I so enjoyed this post....love that photo of the water...and then the last shot of the horses.

Ida said...

Oh wow you got Olive to stand still for a nice photo, what's your secret?
Such a lovely place to take a walk & the horses were wonderful.
Happy Thanksgiving.