|Yesterday's snow. I like using the flash when it's snowing and getting those big white blobs. Cool!|
1) Greg and I went out for Chinese food on New Year’s Eve. it seems that we thought it was an original idea, but when we got to our favorite Chinese restaurant, Dynasty in Southbridge, we discovered we were most definitely not alone. We did have to wait for a while for a table, but once seated the service was brisk and the food was good, as usual. When I woke up the next morning, I couldn’t find my cell-phone. Too many Mai Tais perhaps? I was pretty sure I left it behind at the restaurant but thought I remembered looking at it on the way home. Long story short, I put it in a pocket in my purse that I don’t ever use. So all the searches through my purse didn’t yield my phone because I never thought to look in a pocket I never use. It was my mind I left behind at Dynasty perhaps, not the cell-phone.
2) New Year’s Day we spent with friends at David and Roxann’s open house. We’ve known David and Roxann for a long time now, but I met David’s Aunt Peggy at Curves a few years back. She and her friend Sandi seemed to show up there around the same time I did and eventually, we got to talking as you do when you just keep going around in the same circle together over and over again. I soon learned that Peggy and I had David and Roxann in common. And Sandi used to work with Greg and was godmother to one of our neighbors. Curves is now closed in our town, but I occasionally run into Sandi here and there and am always glad to see her. These days, I see Peggy once a year on New Year’s Day though I wouldn’t mind if it were more often.
3) It began snowing in earnest here around midnight on January 2 but we only ended up with about 6 or 7 inches. It is cold out there though…very cold. On a positive note, the snow is light and fluffy and there is no ice around. That’s what happens when it is very cold.
4) Another positive thing about this kind of weather is that Olive the pug does her business in short order. I’m good with that.
5) We are going to be making an escape from the northern weather soon. We are leaving for a tour of Texas next week. While I won’t be riding any mechanical bulls, I do intend to enjoy a little bar-be-cue.