1) When I think of vacation spots, my mind usually points north. I know that most people long for sunny Italy and the Caribbean, but I still have Iceland, Alaska and more of Scandinavia on my bucket list. But I am going to cross off one entry on the old bucket list pretty soon when we journey up to the Canadian Maritimes.
2) In preparation for this trip, I have started reading Anne of Green Gables. When I think about it, I’m not sure how that book escaped me in my youth. But I will get ‘er done before we leave. I like reading a book set in the place where we are headed. I read Ivanhoe before we went to Scotland and many Jo Nesbø novels before going to Norway. I was glad to find out on arriving in both places that the reality is not a lot like the novels. We saw no knights in Scotland and not a lot of bloody violence and murder in Norway…in fact, we saw no violence at all in Norway. It may be there lurking under the surface, but the Norway you are seeing today in the pictures I’m posting is the Norway we saw. Simply Mother Nature at its finest.
3) I just took one of those Facebook quizzes that tells you what age you are. Apparently, I’m 22. That’s a definite LOL! I may have been 22 once, but I can’t really remember that far back.
4) Speaking of Facebook, I am going to recommend two photography blogs I’ve found since hanging out there. The first is from my Flickr/Facebook friend Lydia Martin. Her blog is BluefoxPhotography Blog. She is a first rate photographer and a fun person to be virtual friends with. The other is a blog is called Wolf Shadow Photography and, well, if you go there I think that you will be most pleasantly entertained for a while especially if you are a dog and/or cat lover.
5) We are having a family get together today. Heading to Worcester to take advantage of the August is Free promotion at the Worcester Art Museum. Carrie is motoring out from Northampton and Evan doesn’t work on Fridays in the summer so I figured it would be a good time for Greg and me to reel them in for a day. I’m looking forward to spending time at the museum with my favorite people.