Monday, December 15, 2014

Fading back in…

The weather was so abysmal here last week that the whole world looked black and white…


Yes, both of these photos are in color...see what I mean?
One had to look pretty closely to even glimpse a little color.



I’m not really complaining since all the rain we had could have been snow and the snow we had was minimal and very pretty.  But all the dreariness left me in a bit of a funk.

Still, it never lasts forever and by Saturday the sun was shining again and even the squirrels seemed to pause for a minute to enjoy the mild weather.


And as I drove by Quaboag Pond on Sunday, I noticed that the pond was a bit frozen in spite of the beautiful weather and the gulls were lined up on the ice like they tend to do.  I think that’s funny behavior and I always like to stop and chuckle a bit at them and wonder what in the world they are thinking and how they decide who is going to be first in line.  So that's what I did.  Lost in thought as they were, they paid no attention to me, of course.


They did make me think that it’s time for me to get my gulls in a row and start blogging again.  I have some catching up to do and I need to get started!


12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

loved all your shots. the first looks like a miniature. :)

Kerri Farley said...

These are AWESOME!
and LOVE the Gulls!!

Pamela Gordon said...

Love your photos and the one of the gulls is interesting to see. We've had a lot of cloudy days and fog lately too. I've been in a blue funk too. Our snow is gone so it's kind of green. Have a good week. Pam

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Once we begin to get snow...our worlds will change, Barb!...:)JP

Gail Dixon said...

These photos are great! The color b&w's are just as beautiful as color ones. The little squirrel is too cute. I need to get my gulls in a row as well. Love that phrase! And the photo. :)

MadSnapper said...

your header is beautiful and i love that squirrel pic.. awesome colored black and white... black and white my God.. so pretty

The Furry Gnome said...

We're having the same damp, foggy 'black and white' weather. Personally I'd far rather have cold and snow.

Nicki said...

Natural black and white is always so much more powerful - and I too have appreciated that considering the amount of rain we've endured the past few weeks, it could have been snow like last year - so I'm not complaining.

Love the header - Nice!

Gunn said...

wonderful images. Keep warm and enjoy the season.
Greetings from Norway.

Debbie said...

they are great captures because they lacked color!! getting ducks in a row is always a good thing!!!

we have had two snows so far and I have really enjoyed getting out in it!!!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy your blog posts...photos and what you write, but Ihave to say I think this is my fav set of images...really nicely done...and those trees are almost other worldly with the snow and frost...

Brian King said...

These are gorgeous! I love the first and third shots and the one with the little tree rat! :-)