1. When we were in the Great Smoky Mountains, we passed through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee. These are tourist destinations of the extreme variety and there is no shortage of signs there, but the best signs we saw when we were on our trip we found in the Cherokee and Bryson City, North Carolina areas. These signs are throwbacks to the past and quite charming in my humble opinion. Like this one for the Pink Motel. Isn’t it great?!
2. This one has seen better days. The Teddy Bear Motel appears to have been closed for quite some time. But that teddy bear still believes that “Life’s Good!”
3. Here’s a sign for Granny’s Restaurant in Cherokee, NC. Someday I might eat there if I have a chance. Both of my grandmother’s were good cooks, unlike my mother who really didn’t much like cooking, in general, so I tend to avoid places that claim they serve meals like mom used to make.
4. This was my very favorite sign of all. Seems to me that the Warrior Motel has it all – remote cable TV, electric heat & air, picnic area AND a flower & water garden. How many places can boast a flower and water garden?? Can you imagine how great that sign looks at night all lit up?
To me, that sign is a real treasure.
5. I get up early these days and figure that is free time for me to do what I want. So while I drink my first cups of coffee of the day, I’ve been churning my way through Foyle’s War on Netflix. Well, was I disappointed when I realized earlier this week that I finished the series. I really enjoyed it. I think they are still making new episodes, so I imagine that they will show up on Netflix one of these days, but until then…any suggestions? Maybe this is a sign that I watch too much TV and should be doing something useful instead. On that note, here’s a sign that’s definitely seen better days.