Friday, July 31, 2015

Time for the Blues…

Here are the next installments of my 52 Week Project:  52 Weeks of Blue.  I think that these may show you that I’m have had some moments of desperation with this, but I’ve managed to get something every week.  Look around the next time you’re outside and tell me why, except for the sky (which I hope is blue where you are), there are so few blue things in nature.  Clearly, if I had been given the box of crayons when the world came into existence, there would be way more blue out there, particularly of the Robin's Egg variety.  But too late for that now.

Week 26:  Woohoo!  Halfway through!  I deserve a Blue Ribbon for that!


Week 27:  For Mother’s Day this year, my daughter Carrie gave me a set of origami Peace Cranes that she folded.  I tried to take their photos on a number of occasions and finally came up with one I could live with.  I love these Peace Cranes that she brings around now and then.  They make me happy and hopeful.


Week 28:  Truly a week of blue desperation.  I save the fortunes from the cookies when we go out to Dynasty, which is our favorite Chinese restaurant around here.  They sit in my wallet.  I find the fortunes to be pretty funny in general and picked the one in the picture because, on that particular day, it made the most sense of the ones I was carting around.

One of the ones I rejected said, “Anything you do, do it well.  The last thing you want is to be sorry for what you didn’t do.

  I'm thinking that maybe it should have said, "If you're going to do something, do it.  The last thing you want is to be sorry for what you didn't do."

  Or maybe it should have said, "Any thing you do, do it well.  The last thing you want is to be sorry for doing a shirty job."

  Those original sentences seem to be disconnected to me.  They should have separated them and saved the second sentence for a different  cookie.

  Of course, if you're one of those people who automatically add the words "IN BED" after your fortune, then they all make sense, but most especially in the third case.

  What the heck!  It’s all for fun, isn’t it?


...IN BED.

Week 29:  Greg and I went out for a quick lunch at Applebee’s that week and I was saved by this vehicle in the parking lot.  Thank goodness it was blue!  What a contraption!  It’s a motor scooter with a car-like body on it.  I picked the first photo for my project, but will put up another one here so you can see the inside of this buggy.  It's actually a better photo anyhow.  In any case, this buggy is kind of cool!



Week 30:  had me seeing yellow, because that was the week we went down to Griswold, Connecticut to see the sunflowers, but on the way down to Buttonwood Farm we stopped at Sweet Evalina’s Stand in Woodstock for lunch.   They have this neat old retro sign on their building and I decided to pick out the blue elements of it and do some selective coloring.  I’ll post it both ways.




So in  closing:  Anything you do this weekend, do it well.  The last thing you want is to have a blue weekend...IN BED.


8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

cute blue buggy and nice signage. i like the origami, too.

Barb said...

I'm seeing blue after reading your post, Barbara! My favorite is your daughter's Peace Crane. I keep those crazy fortunes, too. I find them in random places, and they make me smile...in bed!

Brian King said...

I love the ribbon shot! Nice job on the food sign...I like your version! Cool little scooter/car/thing-a-ma-bob!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Used to save those fortunes as well figuring that one day they could make some neat wall art, but tossed them instead. Adding "in bed" is a funny add-on, Barbara. I agree that nature needs more blue than the sky and the ocean (at times). Enjoy your weekend!

The Furry Gnome said...

Good work finding those blues!

Rose said...

Interesting...I am going to have to start looking for blue just to see how hard it is. Just sitting here thinking of the places I go and see...I cannot think of one blue thing. I cannot imagine doing even 5 weeks of it...much less 26. So congrats on what you have done so far.

Just thought...I could probably do a few weeks of blue fabrics alone! But that would be cheating.

I like the old sign a lot...and the origami. The scooter would be fun to have.

EG CameraGirl said...


I guess finding blue subjects is a lot harder than I thought! You've done avery fine job so far, though!

Nicki said...

Love Love Love your daughter's origami and that little buggie is too cute - probably not even remotely safe - but cute.