Saturday, April 7, 2012

Reality hits…


I so enjoyed the trip Carrie and I took to the Magic Wings place in South Deerfield, Massachusetts.  A lot of the pictures I got made it look like I was in the jungles of South America or Africa hunting down butterflies in the wild.  Well, the truth is (DUH!) that Magic Wings consists of two large rooms filled with plants that make butterflies happy.  So they make it is easy for you to make believe that you were on a butterfly safari when you get those photos home.
 
Of course, not all the butterflies are cooperative when it comes to feeding this fantasy.  Some of them refuse to land on the green plants but have to stop on walls or benches or even on the floor of the place.  Please watch where you are walking if you ever go there.
 
All the shots I am posting today are of uncooperative butterflies.  






21 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i love the second one, better than if it were ona flower, that is stunning to me. i love the yellow and brown wood and the blue of the ragged b fly. looks like ART to me. like that first one too

Nicki said...

The second shot is my favorite. During a couple of our cruises we visited butterfly farms - I completely understand the uncooperative nature of butterflies.

Pamela Gordon said...

These photos are just gorgeous even though they seemed uncooperative. I like the backgrounds they landed on for contrast. Beautiful!

theconstantwalker said...

Wonderful images they are all so lovely to see.

TexWisGirl said...

oh. that 2nd shot... gorgeous, barbara!

Barbara Franceschini said...

wowww!! incredible shots!!!
well done!!!
Happy Easter!!! :D
Barbara

Beatriz said...

have a very nice blog and this entry is lovely,

Greetings from Barcelona, Spain

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

whoops, having a commenting glich!!
they look so beautiful against the wood texture background, wonderful:)

Nancy said...

Loving these shots, Barb. Something about the colorful butterfly on a plain, textured surface is very appealing.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are close to poetry. In my opinion.

Please have you all a good Sunday.

Anonymous said...

They're GORGEOUS! Love them, esp the 2 middle ones! WoW! =)

I'd never even heard of a fisher cat before you left that comment... they're funky looking! lol
Thanks for teaching me something today! =)

Debbie said...

it's amazing how beautiful these look on wood....my favorite was the last one but they are all gorgeous!!

Chatty Crone said...

Your photos are beautiful. Have a blessed Easter. Sandie

Betty Manousos said...

love your photos, barbara, but that second one just caught my eye!

simply gorgeous!

happy easter!

Asiong32 said...

i love butterflies! as always, nice photos. happy easter Barbara from your friend in the Philippines!

Asiong32

eileeninmd said...

I love butterflies, these are all gorgeous. Lovely photos. Happy Easter!

Rose said...

Oh, wow, these are beautiful!

Brian King said...

They're all gorgeous! I just love the colors in the second photo, though. Fantastic shots, Barb!

Kerri Farley said...

So pretty! Butterflies hold a special place in my heart!