Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Days…



So I mentioned that this weekend Greg, Carrie and I drove out to Syracuse, New York to attend the graduation festivities at Syracuse University where my son Evan received his Masters of Library and Information Science.  We had a wonderful time!  I was very impressed with the way SU handled the whole thing.  Because there are close to 4,000 graduates, on the day before the official graduation ceremony, they hold Convocations for each of the colleges.  So Evan got his chance to process across the stage and have his achievement acknowledged along with the others in his College.  Back in the day, when I graduated from University of Cincinnati, they did nothing like that so I didn’t even bother to attend.
  This is much better.

Undergraduates rush down the street for their Convocation Ceremonies.  Their robes are made out of recycled plastic bottles.  How cool is that??
And on Sunday, the ceremony was relatively short and sweet but still with all the pomp and circumstance.  


There's the Master himself.
And here I am...proud mother on Mother's Day.
So now he is on the job search.  But first, he and I are going to go to Budapest, Vienna and Prague for a few days.  This should be an interesting trip for two very directionally challenged humans.  I’ll see you all when we return.


And oh, by the way, I have to show you what Carrie made me for Mother's Day.

I love it!


14 comments:

Love for Food and Photography said...

Really a perfect day for this great satisfaction!! you sure have to be proudly happy!!!
:-)
congratulations to your son!!!

MadSnapper said...

congratulations to the new master, love the photo of the 3 of you and your mothers day present is beautiful. 4000 wow that is a lot of grads.

Anonymous said...

Parabéns.... Aproveito para dizer o blog é maravilhoso, bonitas fotos.

TexWisGirl said...

congrats to your son! and enjoy that trip! wow!

Pamela Gordon said...

Congratulations to your son! I hope you have a fun and safe trip. I'm sure you'll have some great photos to share on your return.

Brian King said...

Congrats to Evan and have fun on your trip! I'm sure you'll take lots of photos.

Nancy said...

Sincere congratulations to Evan -- that's a wonderful accomplishment. And enjoy your trip -- sounds amazing!

Nicki said...

Congratulations - sounds like a wonderful trip planned - and I love your Mother's Day gift - beautiful. Happy belated Mother's Day.

EG CameraGirl said...

You should be very proud. YAY!

Enjoy your trip. ;)

Susan Bodendo/Super Earthling said...

Congratulations to Evan, and I hope you have a wonderful trip! I really love your Mother's Day gift too, really lovely. :)

Rambling Woods said...

Oh I enjoyed this post...Congrats to your family...Michelle

Chatty Crone said...

Congrats to you both! sandie

Crack You Whip said...

Looks like it was an enjoyable trip! Love the gift!

Debbie said...

oh what a great day for everyone!!

have a wonderful time on your trip!!