Sunday, May 6, 2012

Welcome to the Hunt…


Another Sunday, another Scavenger Hunt…

SHADOW is the first prompt and this is a pic of the maple tree that stands in our back yard.  I love many things about this tree and its shadow is one of those things.


Things change through the years and one thing that is definitely different from when I was a kid is the size and shape of the common KEY.  This happens to be the key to my beloved Prius.  I put this fob on it when I first drove it off the lot.  It is a sentiment that I want to extend to all of you in your journeys.


This pic is one of the favorites I have ever taken because these women are among my favorite people on this earth.  They are all on the Green Sanctuary Committee at the Brookfield Unitarian Universalist Church, a committee that I have chaired for a few years.  Here we are preparing for the Connect the Dots Project which happened yesterday.  It is an effort to “connect the dots between climate change and extreme weather.”   (More about that later this week.)  But I asked them to look up and SMILE but instead O-J got that look on her face and everybody (including myself) cracked up.
  Sorry, O-J, but I had to post this…I just had to.  


Here’s an UNEDITED (SOOC) of the leaves of our maple tree.  I love this tree!!


Here’s something I have to confess.  I don’t like FISH.  I don’t like to look at them, to smell them or most especially to eat them.  But I have no problem with them existing…especially not in cracker form.


Linking to Sunday Scavenger Hunt 

Thanks, Ashley.







26 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

your fish are cute. and i love your maple, too! o-j is gonna love you...

Alyson said...

Great photo of a Shadow! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

wonderful glimpse of your environment. please have a good new week ahead.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That looks like a fun group of people. I love your key fob and also the shadow.

MadSnapper said...

that maple leaf is gorgeous and the tree looks like its trunk is melting down into the grass, stunning. you are blessed to have happy friends. betsy and george have a prius with 200,000 miles on it. she is joyful reflections.

Ida said...

Great set:
Smile - Oh that made me smile, too funny.
Shadow and SOOC - These are my favorites of your set.

Ida said...

Great set:
Smile - Oh that made me smile, too funny.
Shadow and SOOC - These are my favorites of your set.

Christine E-E said...

looks like a fabulous group of women to work with... humor is always good, especially when you are working in non-profit projects.
Gold-fishies... the colors against your tablecloth are very nice.

Nicki said...

Your maple tree is beautiful, your friends fun, and your key intriguing. (love the journey well fob)

Debbie said...

beautiful set for the scavenger hunt. I LOVE fish.....

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

The Green and the shadows, well seen !

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say the maple leaves are my favorite but I love them all. sandie

Kim Stevens said...

I love your tree too, and that shadow is awesome! I really like your smile photo, definitely made me smile, maybe even chuckle!

Cathy H. said...

Great set of images! I love the maple leaves and your take on fish and how you composed it, is wonderful!!

Cathy H. said...

Great set of images! I love the maple leaves and your take on fish and how you composed it, is wonderful!!

RobertN said...

:)Wonderful series! Have a nice week!

magda said...

My dear Barbara, hi
I like to eat so much fiches!!!!!
Your photos are great with the big tree!!!
Many greetings and kisses

Shaun said...

Im digging the photo of the Fish, they are really cool. Thanks for sharing with us an insight into your life.

Have a nice day
Shaun Valleys ShutterBug

Nukke said...

I really like your photos because you take very good photos as the shadow is and you have humour in pics as in smile pic and you have great colors in your photos !

Thank you so much of your comments. They make my day !

Nukke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nukke said...

http://nukkekotinukke.blogspot.com/2012/04/scavenger-hunt-sunday-65.html is a link to my scavenger hunt pics

Brian King said...

That is a gorgeous shot of the tree and its shadow! Love the photo of the leaves, too. Nice work for the hunt! Thanks for the welcome back! Vacations always go by too fast.

vertizoo said...

(I tried to post this comment yesterday... not sure where it went)
LOL! Serves me right for making a face like that when Barb has her camera armed & loaded!
@ Texwis - I always have loved Barb & always will!

Rambling Woods said...

Journal well is a wonderful sentiment

Ashley Sisk said...

Love your shadow shot - so gorgeous.

Betty Manousos said...

wonderful play with the light.

such a gorgeous shot of the tree.