1) The worst day this week was Wednesday. It was terribly uncomfortable. I had to get up early that day and when I went out with the dog, the hazy, hot and humid conditions that had already arrived made for some very nice visual effects. I posted one of these pictures on Flickr and one of my contacts asked me if I had put in the rays using Photoshop. Well, no, I didn’t. The funny thing about that is I am not adept enough at Photoshop to do stuff like add rays in the woods. I have to depend on Mother Nature.
2) Walking around the other day in the heat and muggies, it was hard to believe that we are close to autumn here. But looking around I saw evidence in the woods. It seems like the little bits of red out there are indications that we are headed in the right direction.
3) But this morning I got up and it was in the 60s and quite pleasant out. The pond was flat and I managed to take advantage of that.
4) Enough about the weather… We are excited here that the Red Sox are doing so well. We are big baseball fans and it has been just such fun to watch them this year after that fiasco of a year last year.
|I know this picture has nothing to do with the Red Sox, but I like it anyhow.|
5) My last post about Olive, the pug, and the yard sale got some really lovely comments. I appreciate it when people stop by. But my old friend “Anonymous” left a comment that said point blank, “What an ugly dog!” Can you believe that? To me, that statement is akin to saying “What an ugly baby!” All I can say to that is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Olive the pug is such a loveable little being that it is impossible for her to be ugly. Anonymous’ mother must never have told him/her that if he/she didn’t have anything nice to say, then he/she should just shut the piehole!