1) Yesterday, we went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I enjoyed it a lot. What an ending! I don’t think I will give anything away if I say that many of the people around us, including me, burst out laughing at the end. But it has me wondering if that is the typical reaction.
2) If you look closely around ¾ of the way into the movie, you will see two pugs wandering around in Laketown. One of them looks suspiciously like our Olive.
3) Speaking of movies, my son Evan got me the complete set of the Harry Potter movies for Christmas. I watched the first one last night. Carrie got me a jar of date syrup and a book. She knows my weak spots. I got a light box from Greg. That should provide loads of fun for me when I get it set up.
4) Every year I get the family a new board game or two to play during the holidays. This year I got two: Munchkin and Thanks a Lot! We enjoyed Munchkin but only played it once. We played Thanks a Lot! until we went through the whole deck of cards. It is non-competitive and a lot of laughs. I won all but one of the matches so it is my new favorite game.
|I decided to hang my big glass balls on the tree this year. They were glad to get the exposure.|
5) I got to the half-way point of my Flickr 365 on Christmas Day, which is also my half-birthday. I have managed to keep up so far. Hoping I am on the down-ward slope. Carrie, who started her 365 on New Year’s Day, is really close to the end. If she can do it, I can do it. Right?