1) We got around 10 to 12 inches of snow in this last round of wild winter weather. But we were very glad that it was all snow and not the dreaded wintry mix. Snow is much easier to deal with.
2) The weather has caused us to have a couple of unusual visitors to our birdfeeders. Yesterday and today, I saw what I think is a Carolina Wren. I am not positive of the identification though so if you know, I would appreciate it if you could tell me. We also had a crow who was slumming under our feeder but he wouldn’t turn around so I could get a good picture.
3) Here’s what it looks like at the end of our driveway. I feel sort of like I’m living in a shopping mall with that big pile, but my trip to the grocery today made me realize that there are much bigger piles of the white stuff around town.
4) I like snow and winter but I find it rather amazing that there is such a HUGE difference in comfort level between 15 degrees and 30 degrees. Today felt rather balmy around here and seeing the sun is almost always good. I guess that shouldn't really be a surprise. After all, there's a HUGE difference in comfort level between 72 and 85, too.
5) So today is Valentine’s Day. Do you celebrate it? Early on in our relationship, Greg made it clear that he wasn’t one to celebrate “Hallmark” holidays, so it’s just another day to us. I minded a bit at first, but it also lets me off the hook, so these days I am okay with it.