1) Because it is 3.14, today is National Pi Day, as I’m sure you know if you hang out on Facebook at all. Me, I would prefer it to be National Pie Day. But nobody asked me. Actually, a friend on Facebook informed me that there is a National Pie Day and it was on January 23. Personally, I think that pie is good enough to have two celebratory days in a year. If today was pie day instead of pi day, what kind of pie would you go for? Me…I like my donuts plain, my coffee black and I go for that old standard, the American Apple Pie. In honor of the day, we are having vegetarian pot pie for dinner.
|I took this picture of pi in 2007 on a visit to the San Juan Islands in Washington state. It's cool, but you can't eat it.|
2) We got more snow here in Massachusetts yesterday. Wasn’t much, but it did neaten things up around the edges temporarily.
|A little snow never stops the intrepid Chickadee for long.|
4) If you live in a cold climate, you’ve probably heard a lot of complaining about the weather this winter. To me, it seems like a big waste of energy to complain about things over which you have no power to change. I think that the people who celebrate winter deserve big kudos…like our neighbors who have an actual igloo in their front yard. I think that is just cool! Absolutely no pun intended.
5) I’m on Day 263 of my Flickr 365 that I started on my birthday. I haven’t missed a day so far. Today’s entry was one of a series of “self-portraits” that I am doing using the ABCs. I am on the letter K. It wasn’t easy coming up with something for K but I did it. K is for key and here it is, the key to my Toyota Prius. I love that darn car.
5) I will leave you with a random poem from one of my favorite poets of all time, Shel Silverstein. It seems like it’s been a Shel Silverstein kind of week.
There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
“I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong.”
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What’s right for you – just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.
Here's a raggedy Welcome to the weekend. Have a good one, you all!