Monday, October 6, 2014

Rust Never Sleeps at Three Sisters Sanctuary…

The photography group I belong to meets tomorrow evening.  At our last meeting, we decided on the subject “Rust” as our assignment.  Personally, I think rust is a terrific photographic subject, but it’s not always so easy to find a good supply of rust.  Sooooo, in September,  I got in touch with my daughter, Carrie, and asked her if she wanted to take a little ride out to Goshen, Massachusetts, to Three Sisters Sanctuary because I knew that I could find rust there.

SPOILER ALERT!  If you are a member of the Massasoit Art Guild Photo Group, you’re going to be seeing these shots tomorrow night.  Just so you know.





This shot is not of rust, per se, but there is a rusty fence in the background.


I have to recommend Three Sisters Sanctuary as a cool place to wander around.  There is much more to it than a lot of rust.  It’s billed as a place “where nature and art are joined” and is the brain child of environmental artist Richard M. Richardson.  Here’s a link to the web-site:  Three Sisters Sanctuary.  If you find yourself near Goshen, Massachusetts, you should stop in.

LINKING UP TO RUBBISH TUESDAY

ON RUBBISH BY ROAN!



16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

definitely a good 'rust spot'. :)

MadSnapper said...

so jealous.. even the flower shot has rust. i love all four of these, can't decide which i like best..Really Rad Rust

A Colorful World said...

Great rust! You did a wonderful job finding so much!

Brian King said...

I'd say you nailed it! I like rusty stuff, too. These are nice!

Rose said...

Hey, hey, my, my
Good old rust
will never die....

Gail Dixon said...

You found some nice objects for the assignment. I particularly like the rusty dog. Have fun at your meeting!

Tom said...

Love the Tin Man! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Linda said...

Hi Barbara....
I have the same Tin Man!
Just as rusty!
The Coneflower is gorgeous!
Cheers!
Linda :o)

doodles n daydreams said...

Great rust photos. The dog is cute.

Diana

Latane Barton said...

Boy, you found a bunch of rust there, didn't you? Super cool spot for rust and I bet a lot of other things.

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful rust. Amazing stuff. The coneflowers have rusty seed heads. I cut a whole bunch of mine for a fall bouquet.

Debbie said...

making rust "gorgeous"!!!

love the last image!!!

Amy Burzese said...

Awesome. Love that dog! Being told to focus on rust would just make my day.

Nicki said...

I would say 'jackpot' - you got some awesome specimens. Fun outing!

Ida said...

Those were so cool. I want that dog.

Unknown said...

Adorable are these rusty creations. Beautifully wpatrzyłaś.