1. I was sorry to see in the paper this morning that author P.D. James has passed away. I have been reading her books for years and have found them intelligent and enjoyable. She was 94 so I guess it is not unexpected, but it’s always sad when the world loses a great mind.
2. I have been inordinately busy and I’m getting kind of tired of it. And I’m saying that while heading into the busiest time of the year. Bah humbug!
3. We had our first real snow of the season on Wednesday. The traffic here was so bad on Tuesday that I have to think that people were leaving early to avoid the weather just to get stuck in all that traffic. It made me feel good to stay put. We have avoided traveling this time of year as much as possible opting for our small family gatherings and dinner out at a local restaurant. Works for us.
4. Our Thanksgiving was quiet and easy. We went to dinner in town at a place called Avellino. We went there last year, too. I smell a tradition in the making. I like it there. The service was good but leisurely. I appreciate not being rushed through a big meal. And, most importantly, the food was good. I am truly thankful that I didn’t have to cook yesterday except for breakfast of bacon and eggs. And the eggs came from a friend who has chickens. Nothing like the color of farm fresh eggs to brighten the morning. Another small thing to be thankful for.
5. Guess it’s time for a vacation one of these days.