1. I actually got something done this week and here it is:
It was my first real attempt at Aran Crochet. I enjoyed doing it and it turned out well. I can see more of this in my future.
2. I went out to visit my daughter Carrie who lives in Northampton, Massachusetts yesterday. She was proudly carrying her “new to her” orange purse...a gift from her dad. It is a pretty sweet bag, I must admit.
3. After Carrie and I had lunch, we did a little antique browsing. I do love poking around in antique shops even though I don’t really need or want anything much. But I did find something yesterday that called out to me. And it’s this:
I’m planning to repurpose this old ashtray as a fondue fork holder for our annual Christmas Eve fondue do. I think that it will give it a much nicer second life. I am rather enamored of the shape and color of the piece.
4. After we left the shop, we saw this little fellow tied up waiting for his alpha. Dogs tied to poles always look so lonely to me. It’s like he’s saying to everyone who passes by, “Are you my mother?”
5. Got up this morning to our first “snowfall.” I am putting that in quotes because it didn’t amount to anything and by the time I was taking the dog out around 8 am, it was bright and sunny and sounded like it was raining out because everything was melting at a precipitous rate. Other parts of the country have gotten hit a lot harder than we have. But it’s early days yet.