Thursday, January 29, 2015

Good Fences in St. Louis Cemetery #3…

On our recent stop in New Orleans, we didn’t have as much time as we would have liked and the weather was not the best, so Greg found us a tour company that would take us around town and would let us take the dog along with us.  We ended up with a very informative and comprehensive tour.  I would recommend New Orleans Native Tours (NewOrleansNativeTours.com) if you find yourself there.  Of course, the dog was allowed because it wasn't a full tour, but we really appreciated that.

As you can imagine, Olive thought she was hot stuff getting to go on a tour that is normally reserved for people.  She behaved so well, that we were proud of her.


One of our stops along the way was to St. Louis Cemetery #3.  Before we arrived in New Orleans, I was determined that we were going to visit one of the famous above-ground New Orleans cemeteries, so I was a happy camper.  Of course, I could have spent a lot more time wandering around that beautiful place, but beggars can’t be choosers and I was just glad to get an opportunity even a short one.

Here are a few fences I came across in the cemetery:







Linking up with Theresa's GOOD FENCES!



15 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for Olive! Enjoyable visit to New Orleans via your photos...I remember poKing around a very old cemetary in Micanopy in FL...but the above ground ones are so different!

TexWisGirl said...

my goodness! such ornate wrought iron! and yay for olive!

21 Wits said...

Sweet wrought iron, pretty gates and the cutest dog ever!

Rose said...

Oh, Barbara, these are so awesome! I love all, but boy, #3 is my favorite. I have never seen such a gate or anything even close...

Ida said...

Wow the Iron Work on those fences is just amazing. - It was fun to see Olive too, she look quite well behaved.

Brian King said...

Love the iron! I enjoy exploring old cemeteries!

Amy Burzese said...

Sweet Olive! Those cemeteries are something to see. They have great fences too.

LV said...

This is one place that grave sights are really fenced in. Your pup looks cute.

Pamela Gordon said...

I find these cemeteries fascinating with their fancy vaults and fences and always think of the movie "Double Jeopardy" when I see photos of them. Olive looks like she enjoyed the tour too. :)

Nicki said...

Who could say no to Ms. Olive? I can still remember seeing the above-ground cemeteries when I went to New Orleans during high school to march in the Mardi Gras. Quite an experience. Love the pictures.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Wonderful wrought iron ornate fences and I am glad the dog behaved. He looks cute sitting there.

eileeninmd said...

The fence is beautiful. I am happy for Olive, she is a sweetie! Happy Friday!

eileeninmd said...

The fence is beautiful. I am happy for Olive, she is a sweetie! Happy Friday!

MadSnapper said...

so cool they let you take Olive with you, not many would do that. i like that last shot best and LOVE the header shot... this is a tour I would enjoy

Juliana said...

Цікава підбірка фото! Я уже і забула, що загорожа може бути витвором мистецтва! Чудові знахідки!

xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject