1. I’m posting the last five weeks of my 52 Weeks of Blue today and since Willy-nilly Friday 5 is back, I’m being otherwise random.
2. When I was a kid, I remember my Grandpa Oscar playing music. He could play pretty much any stringed instrument he picked up, but my favorite was the banjo.
I still love listening to banjo music to this day.
3. Last night, I got a real treat. My son Evan drove over from Worcester and we piled into the car and joined my daughter Carrie for dinner in Northampton at a nice tapas place called Ibiza. Then Carrie left for her photo club meeting and Evan and I went to the Calvin Theater in Noho and got to hear the great banjo player Bela Fleck and his equally talented wife Abigail Washburn. What fun! Mark Twain said, "A gentleman is a man who can play the banjo, but doesn't." If that’s the case, I’m glad I wasn’t in the company of gentlemen last night. The opening act was Rhiannon Giddens and the Carolina Chocolate Drops. They were fab, too. A terrific night all around.
4. When I looked at my calendar today, I saw that it was my cat Clouseau’s birthday. Clouseau was the first cat that Greg and I adopted after we got married. I loved that cat! He was a gorgeous Tuxedo cat with a great personality. He would have been 35 today. I don’t suppose any domestic cat has ever lived that long, but it doesn’t mean he isn’t missed…still.
5. The snow is gone almost completely. Spring has sprung. Still waiting for the forsythia to pop, but that should happen any day now. Have a great weekend!
Linking up with Tanya's Willy-nilly Friday 5!
Just for grins, I thought I would throw in an old photo of my Grandpa and his twin brothers Hobart and McKinley. Grandpa is the one in the middle. I love this old photo!
And here's one of me and the birthday boy. This was probably taken in 1981. He was the best cat ever! Even though he doesn't look too comfortable in this pic, he never complained.