Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Feeding my Autumn Addiction…

Looking out of the window today, I see that the trees are bare except for the stubborn oaks that often hold onto their leaves until spring.  Our yard has been raked.  The ground is mostly clear.  If I didn’t know better, just looking out, I might think that we are inside a winter thaw or that it is an early spring day.  But, in fact, we are really just between seasons.

“Hi, I’m Barb”…(HI, BARB)…and I’m a fall-oholic!”

George Eliot said, “Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.”  I have been known to say the same thing although not in such poetic language.  I sometimes fantasize about living in a world of autumns.

But if I were truthful, I would have to admit that I really wouldn’t like that at all.  Because it is the heat of the summer that makes me appreciate the mellow, loveliness of fall, and the intense color of fall that helps me appreciate the spare icy beauty of winter and, of course, it’s winter’s color scheme that makes me long for spring.  If I were truthful, I would admit that I am simply addicted to the changing seasons.  But I am glad that through my camera, I can revisit my favorite season whenever I want… 





No comments: