Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Using the whole box of crayons....


Today is the kind of winter day that makes people hate winter.  It’s grey and overcast, damp and cold but not crisp.  I can certainly see why people would get sick of this kind of weather. 

Personally, I like winter…or at least I don’t mind it.  The cooler weather energizes me whereas heat and humidity just slows me down and makes me feel like I have to push my way through the atmosphere.  But, on a grey day like this, I understand the need for color. 

I’ve been messing with some photos I took on St. John USVI last year for my sister Judy.  The vibrant colors do make me wish for a little spring or summer,
I must admit. 

RuPaul said, “Life is about using the whole box of crayons.”  I agree.  But today messing with these photos, I want to put my winter crayons down and dive into some summer colors.


Ahhhh.....


Looking down at Trunk Bay

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Stunning photography! I popped over from Boromax's site to say hello (and congrats!) You are very talented!

barbara l. hale said...

Thanks!!! I sure appreciate the encouragement!