Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What age leaves behind...


I have an odd habit.  I buy flowers at the grocery when I am feeling down or feel the need for more color in my life.  Well, that’s not so odd, I guess, but the odd part is that I don’t like to throw them out until they are good and dead.  I keep them around for a good long time.

I mostly buy tulips and sunflowers.  They seem to last well and to age the best of the flowers that I can pick up easily at the store.  I really like watching the process of that aging.  They become more open and sort of unfussy. Their color intensifies as they grow older and begin to dry out.  I like that.  They make wonderful fodder for a photographer like me and make me think that growing older may not really be that bad.





5 comments:

texwisgirl said...

The lighting and shadows in these shots is truly beautiful! Would make lovely notecards or prints... Especially that last one.

I like your viewpoint on aging too. Might as well appreciate it because we don't really have an option (if we're lucky!)

d h Los Photographic Impressions said...

They are very painterly, These would look good a a large print and framed.

magda said...

Very nice photos and orizinal idea !!!
Greetings

Kerri said...

Absolutely stunning! That 2nd shot takes my breath way! WOWZA!

Mexóba said...

amazing!