Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sharing glass art....


Well, I had a bit of a scare this morning.  I went to look for the photos I took yesterday at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts and they weren’t there.  Granted, I am not the most organized person in the world, but I have gotten to be pretty organized about my photos.  I just take too many not to be. 

Yesterday afternoon, while I was downloading these particular photos, the computer kept telling me that there were messed up sections on the disc (I can’t remember the exact words the computer used, but that was the idea) and it kept stopping its work in mid-stream.  So in my imagination, I thought the computer must have thought that I was trying to feed it something it didn’t like and decided to spit it out and that was that.

Well, a search found my photos from yesterday.  I had just misfiled them, but that didn’t keep me from that split second feeling of panic.  After all, we went back twice to see the Chihuly exhibit…I don’t think we will be going back a third time.

The exhibit was fabulous and going back this week was one of the better decisions Greg and I have made in a while.  We could take our time looking at these fantastic pieces.
No lines…no problems.
 
My photos aren’t all that good since the conditions weren’t ideal and I didn’t have a tripod, but I still want to share them because I just love this stuff.

Lime Green Icicle Tower by Chihuly (taken to show the size)


Works based on Navajo baskets & blankets

Detail of Chihuly chandelier

Detail of Chihuly chandelier with Neodymium Reeds in background.

Ahhhh, Chihuly!

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

those are beautiful! glad your computer didn't toss them!

Anonymous said...

Chihuly was at Missouri Botanical Garden a few years ago... actually, I think they still have some pieces there! Beautiful shots...

Stratoz said...

what's that "not all that good" comment. These photos are splendid. Thanks for sharing, now just send that exhibit down to Philly!

barbara l. hale said...

Thanks! I think they are a little noisy because I had to use a high ISO. But still, it's nice to have a remembrance of the occasion. Wish I could send it on down to Philly!

yanmaneee said...

golden goose outlet
golden goose sneakers
supreme hoodie
golden goose
golden goose
goyard
goyard
golden goose sneakers
goyard handbags
supreme t shirt