1) I took a ride around town the other day even though it was threatening to rain because a friend told me how beautiful the apple blossoms were this year. I think I got to them a little late, but they were still beautiful with their nice stone fences in front of them.
2) The alarm clock that sits next to my side of the bed is five minutes slow. This would not be such a big deal but it is one of those clocks that allegedly sets itself by the Atomic Clock so there is no way to change the time to make it right. The alarm part of the clock stopped working before it started losing time. The only real reason I keep it around is because the numbers are really nice and big letting me tell the “time” even without my glasses. I just do the five minute mental math and am done with it. Ironically, this silly clock falls back and springs forward as regularly as clockwork without any prompting from me.
3) Speaking of time pieces, I can’t wear a watch. There is something about my body chemistry that makes a watch slow down and eventually it dies prematurely. I’ve given up. But it has taught me a big life lesson. And that is that I can’t control time. It flows as it flows and it will stop when it wants to.
4) We had a Red-bellied woodpecker at the feeder yesterday in all its glory. What a beautiful bird! But I think it has been misnamed as most of its red is on its head not on its belly.
I want to suggest a new name for this bird. How about Cool Fancy Woodpecker?
5) I’m half way through the third Game of Thrones book. It’s called A Storm of Swords. It’s takes all my willpower not to lock myself in a room somewhere and finish it. I am smitten.