|I've got the blues...|
1) I have always thought that I have a problem with summer doldrums, because there gets to be a point in the summer when I just can’t wait for it to be over. But I am beginning to realize that I get this way each season around this time. I think I just love the change. Right now, I am heartily sick of green and wanting the more variegated autumn tones. At some point in the autumn, I will be looking forward to the blues, greys and browns of winter. Then, of course, it will be the spring pastels… While most people’s lives revolve around the sun, apparently mine revolves around the color wheel.
2) But with the doldrums, comes a distinct lack of creativity, which is why I haven’t been posting so much lately. I need to turn that around.
3) I went to the grocery to get a snack to take down to the beach tonight for our regular Friday Cocktails at the Beach. My intention was olives, pita chips and humus. I forgot the humus. As I was trying to figure out if it is worth another trip, Greg called and said he would pick some up on his way home from playing golf. Yay, Greg! The traffic is pretty horrible today. People are getting their last summer vacation licks in. The Mass Turnpike is a mess so that means there are strangers wandering around our town trying to figure out how to get where they are going using alternate routes. Bah humbug!
4) You know, the weather here in Massachusetts has been just fabulous since we got back from our trip to Ohio. Here’s to that! Earlier this summer, I wouldn’t have wanted to spend any time outside…not even for Friday Cocktails at the Beach.
5) I am doing something creative actually. I’m crocheting two little monsters. They don’t have personalities yet since I haven’t put on their faces, but I will show you how they turn out. I hope to be done with them early next week.