1) I’ve been going to water aerobics twice a week for three weeks now. Actually, I lie. I hit the wall yesterday morning and could not convince myself to get out of bed. So I missed one session this week. I will admit to feeling a little looser in the limbs, but getting up at 7 am is damn near killing me. I’m not a morning person. I’m not a night owl either. I’m more of an 11:30 am to 3:00 pm type.
2) The fact that the Red Sox have advanced to the next stage of the play-offs isn’t going to help. I love watching the games but I just can’t stay up that late and expect to function the next day. Still, I will probably give up functionality for baseball. It’s a temporary thing. But I’m hoping not too temporary as far as the Sox are concerned.
3) Evan finally finished the fourth installment of The Game of Thrones series and handed it over to me. I have gotten sucked in once again. George R. R. Martin tells a story with such vivid detail that I can see it in front of my eyes as I am reading. What a gift he has! These books are also playing havoc with my sleep issues though. I’ll go to sleep after just one more chapter…
4) I got up early this morning for a 9:30 am doctor’s appointment in Webster, MA, only to get there at 9:30 and being told that the appointment was scheduled for 9:00. Help! They were kind enough to find a spot for me so I didn’t have to turn around and go home and then come back in about a month. This is all about allergies and respiratory stuff. Nothing serious. But still, I appreciate that they made room for me.
5) While I was in Webster I stopped by Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg to take some pictures. Yes, you read that right. This lake is also known by the name Lake Chaubunagungamaug. But is most often just called Webster Lake. Here’s the Wiki in case you’re curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Chaubunagungamaug
So I will post a couple pics of this ^ place and a couple of just plain old fall pictures which have been randomly placed on my hard drive.
|They have a public beach at Webster Lake, however, there were no lifeguards on duty there today. It's a little chilly.|
|Some sumac in our yard.|
|A blue-headed vireo I spotted the other day.|