1) I love fall! We have had a lovely one and though usually by this time, the leaves are down, they are still hanging in and are still gorgeous.
Both far away...
And up close...
2) Today, I was out with Greg. It was such a beautiful day, I had the window down when we stopped at the ATM. Have you ever noticed what a nice sound it is when the fall leaves scuttle across the pavement? I think it is just wonderful. That would make a nice white noise recording to help me sleep.
3) These days you see pumpkin stuff everywhere. You see pumpkin beer – meh. You see pumpkin martinis – not on your life – why ruin such a good thing? Pumpkin pie – well, it’s okay but not my favorite. But earlier this week, I had a superb cup of pumpkin bisque at one of the local establishments. Now, that’s what to do with pumpkin!
4) A few years ago, I bought a peanut feeder for the birds. This feeder has large holes in it so it can be filled with whole raw peanuts. I quit using it because when the squirrels could get at our feeders, they would wipe it out almost as fast as I could fill it. Well, I’m here to tell you that the birds are almost as fast at it as the squirrels were. I fill it almost every day. It is rather comical to watch the little birds struggling to get a good flight going with a whole peanut in their beaks. But I imagine they need the protein these days to get ready for what’s ahead.
5) I’m heading out in a few minutes to go to a Craft Night at the church we go to. Every year for the last five or so, a few of us have gotten together to put stuff together to sell at our annual Fair Trade Sale. It’s a fun and rather messy night. I am going to concentrate on stamping gift wrap with designs using stuff like the ends of celery and cut up peppers and such. I’ll take some pictures and if my creations aren’t too terrible, I’ll share them with you all.