1) Yesterday was the first anniversary of my new left knee. It seems that around the three month mark after the surgery, I went to sleep with an achy knee and when I woke up the knee no longer ached too much. The healing was mostly done and it no longer felt like I had a foreigner living in my body. These days, there are times when I say that my new knee is the only joint I have that isn’t hurting. I say that only partly in jest because some days are a true challenge. Such is the nature of arthritis unfortunately. The fact is, I am much better off with my new knee and am very happy that the temporary suffering from the surgery was well worth the end results. I probably wouldn’t have gone out to take these shots last year prior to the surgery on my two aching knees, but am willing to move around more with only one aching knee.
2) So I’m on Day 123 of my Flickr 365. I say that with trepidation because I discovered earlier this week that I had mis-numbered my days. I tend to do this with numbers: 24, 25, 26, 27, 26, 25, 26, 62, 63, 64, 65… So that I’m never quite sure whether or not I’m coming or going. As far as my 365 is concerned, I thought I could keep this from happening by keeping a running list of my days written in a notebook. Well, lo and behold, I did the same thing on my running list in the notebook that I did on Flickr only on a different day. So I had two mistakes that needed to be corrected. It took me about an hour to put things right. Now I’ve discovered that in my 365 set, I have 122 pics but I’m on Day 123. I know I haven’t missed a day. Can you hear me screaming? I just don’t get along with numbers. Well, I’ll think about that later. Here’s my latest entry.
3) I remembered that I promised you a look at my creations from last week’s Craft Night. Here’s a collage of what I came up with. The rose print is made from the end of a celery stalk. Otherwise, I was feeling pretty geometric.
4) The Titmice have been at the peanuts on our peanut feeder like there’s no tomorrow. They are so cute. It’s hard to begrudge them anything.
5) Well, the Red Sox and the Cardinals are even up after last night. We have this evening off from the tension of the World Series as the teams travel to St. Louis. I think these teams are pretty evenly matched and who will win is anybody’s guess. But I have to say that we had such an enjoyable baseball summer watching the Sox that, win or lose, I am happy with them. Still it reminds me that baseball season is winding to an end. Halloween is upon us, followed closely by Thanksgiving. Soon it will be 2014.
What the heck? Where does it go?