Friday, August 12, 2011

Back to the Rock House…


I did something stupid the other day.  Well, most days I do something stupid, I will admit.  But the other day, I had a batch of photos that I took of some pretty spectacular mushrooms we have growing in our yard.  After I downloaded them and when I went to copy them, I cut them instead and forgot that when I went to copy something else that they were there.  So off they went off to the cloud, never to be seen again.
  Oh, well…stuff happens.

I have managed to get some more shots of those mushrooms but haven’t really looked at them yet.  I have been thinking about the Rock House Reservation again and went back to those photos.  I’ll post a few of those here today.  It’s such a beautiful, peaceful place.  This is an area of forest that had been cleared for farm lands and now has been allowed to revert back to its original state.  The beauty of this particular area is the massive outcropping of rocks that rest on the land.  That is a good reason not to even bother to farm the land.  Sometimes things were just meant to be undisturbed…

I have another turkey pic to post as well.  This little family wanders through our yard most days, but it is not always bright enough to get any decent pictures of them.  You can see that the little guys are getting bigger.  I guess they have to be big enough to be on their own very soon, but I don’t really know the ways of wild turkeys.  I guess I have to google that when I’m done here.








1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

such cute turkeys! liked the first stump photo too - lots of shape and color in it.