Saturday, August 6, 2011

Between a Rock and a Hard Place…


I am battling the creativity block monster again.  I just can’t get my mind working on anything but practical stuff and not very much of that either.   I don’t know if it’s the summer melancholy I tend to get this time of year…I’m sick of the heat and humidity…or just regular run of the mill worries that all of us experience now and then.  But whatever it is, I feel a little trapped.  Maybe that’s why the photos I took the other day at Rock House Reservation in West Brookfield are appropriate for the way I feel.



If you see a whole thing - it seems that it's always beautiful. Planets, lives... But up close a world's all dirt and rocks. And day to day, life's a hard job, you get tired, you lose the pattern.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin


The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.   ~ Vladimir Nabokov


For a tree to become tall, it must grow tough roots among the rocks.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that reflection shot is fabulous!!! looks like a huge and heavy arrow!

barbara l. hale said...

This place is really beautiful in the fall. I need to go back and take photos then. Not that it's bad now...

Tammy said...

Steady and strong. I love rocks...and these are great ones.

BrandNewStudio said...

WondefulPictures
GoodCreations