Monday, August 8, 2011

Seeing the light and color....


I think I am beginning to come out of the doldrums.  Thanks to a good dose of Northampton, Massachusetts and lots of color.

I drove out last week to have lunch with my daughter Carrie, but the real reason for the drive was the gifts that I ordered for her for her birthday didn’t arrive until about a week and a half after the day.  So it gave me a good excuse to drive out and spend some time with her.

It was a hot day and it was also the day of the annual Noho sidewalk sale so people were out in great numbers.  To me, everything looked saturated with color.  Of course, when I finally got around to looking at the photos yesterday, they weren’t nearly as colorful as I thought they would be so I took a few liberties.  Sometimes that’s just fun.

The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art had a booth at the sidewalk sale.  The museum is in Amherst, MA and is a great place to visit for kids, kids-at-heart and even stuffy old farts.






My daughter Carrie...she has flowers in her eyes.

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

sweet! love the padlock one for some reason. :)

Daniel Casares Román said...

I looove this series! Congratulations!