Friday, September 9, 2011

Finding Karma...


On Wednesday, I was standing in a parking lot in Northampton, Massachusetts, in the rain digging around in my purse for change for the parking meter.  I usually have about a ton and a half of change in my purse but for some reason, I found that I only could scrape together enough to give my daughter Carrie and me about 45 minutes for lunch.  That was including the dime that Carrie contributed.

Carrie suggested we try a new (well, new to us) vegan restaurant on Main Street called Karma.  If you’re familiar with Noho, it’s right next to Spoleto’s.  Anyhow, I’m always game to try someplace new and it feels good to eat guilt free now and then.  So away we went...a little wet...oh, well.

Now I am going to recommend Karma to all of you.  Great place.  Even Carrie will admit that sometimes vegan food can be a bit on the bland side, but not so here.  The stuffed pepper I had was far from bland.  Delicious and very colorful, in fact.  Carrie had a smoothie called the Down Under with her Sesame Butternut Ginger Wrap.  While the Down Under looks a little radio-active, it was, in fact, refreshing…a nice blend of green things.

When we got back to the car, I was very pleased to see that though our time was up, there was no ticket on the windshield.  Later that same day, I found a dime in the pocket of my jeans.  That would have bought us another ten minutes, but I guess we didn’t need it.  I think we had some good karma going that day.


The Down Under



7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love that globe vase. great shot!!!

Max06362 said...

Enjoyed your story ! :)

Fotokarusellen said...

A great story and some very creative and beautiful pictures. Wonderful photo work.

Stratoz said...

food adventures are so fun

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

( " Your post makes me smile! I love the connection...and I love the decor here! Yes, the drink looks radioactive but your photography is as hot as ever!

Thanks for your visit and comment...I hope you have fun with the wreath...I found that I used more burlap than she recommended...I like mine full!

Susan said...

I'd be there in a shot... if we were nearer!!

smeajough said...

luxury replica bags c49 u7i00k2m71 replica bags online q39 r5o47q0g44 Ysl replica handbags j48 t9s90v2s53