Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mosying along...


When I left Rockport, I intended to hug the coast for a while up to Pigeon Cove or so.  The fog was thick and there weren’t too many views of the water.  But I felt the urge to stay by the water even though I couldn't see it most of the way.  By the time I hit Salisbury Beach, I knew I needed to head inland, I set my GPS to the anti-highways setting and took off.  It may have added 45 minutes to an hour to my trip to Tilton, New Hampshire, but, in spite of the weather, it was beautiful.

There’s something special about weaving your way through small New England towns with their neat commons and old houses.  It’s probably what made me fall in love with this area in the first place.  But it was the natural beauty that took my breath away. 

At Folly Cove Landing, Gloucester, Massachusetts.

Folly Cove Landing

Stavros Reservation, Essex, Massachusetts

Stavros Reservation

A little bit of whimsey.  Sand sculpture at Salisbury Beach, Massachusetts

11 comments:

Barbara Franceschini said...

lovely pics!
:)

My photoblog: http://photographyforpassion.blogspot.com/

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

There is nothing more beautiful than New England! These images are so breathtaking, Barb. I will always, always love my time there a couple years ago. I hear the foliage is supposed to be epic this year. You are a lucky lady living is such a gorgeous place full of beauty and history! I love these shots!

TexWisGirl said...

the rich autumn colors are SO beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It sure IS beautiful up there... great shots & can't believe that dog is made of sand, how neat & so cuuute =)

Love for Food and Photography said...

What a wonderful place, romantic and quiet! Your photos give me that feeling.
The dog is unbeliavable pretty!

barbara l. hale said...

Thanks for the comments! The color hasn't yet begun here in Massachusetts. So much to look forward to.

Tammy said...

I love those foggy shots, just enough color to off set the haze, and that sand sculpture! I am amazed by what people can create with sand and water.

Thanks so much for sharing these at Behind The Camera!

Debbie said...

these are just gorgeous. proving you don't need sun for a fabulous photo.

the dog is adorable!!!

Susan said...

Enjoyable post and photos. Clever sand sculpture!
Those couple of shots of the Stavros Reservation are stunning!

Stratoz said...

Stavros Reservation is an amazing image!

Lydia Martin said...

Lovely images...especially like the last one...the Stavros Reservation one