I decided to kill two birds with one stone today and participate in Friday’s Fences and in A Rural Journal’s Random 5 Friday. Damn, I’m good…
|Taken last year in Charleston, South Carolina|
My Random 5
1. I found out earlier this week that Worcester, Massachusetts, which is the closest city to where we live, has received the dubious honor of winning The Golden Snow Globe Award for being the U.S city with the most snowfall this winter measured in inches. At 108.9 inches, they beat out the runner up Syracuse, New York by about 12 inches. Yes, it’s been one of those years…
2. When I’m on Facebook at four in the morning, I’m always amazed that I’m not the only one. You people need to get some sleep!
3. I looked out the window this morning to see turkey tracks in the snow. That made me smile. You know, their feet are almost as big as my hands.
4. I miss my cats terribly. But it is not time to replace them yet. Well, special little beings that they were, they can never really be replaced, but you know what I mean.
5. I am currently involved in a discussion group about Voluntary Simplicity using the curriculum from the Northwest Earth Institute. This week, one of the things we talked about was multi-tasking and how it is not necessarily such a good thing. But apparently, old habits die hard.