Sunday, April 8, 2012

The fragrant new life was obvious and pink…


Notice how I managed to make a sentence out of the prompts for The Sunday Scavenger Hunt this week?  Okay, so it doesn’t make sense but what the heck?! 

Anyhow, here’s what I came up with:

We stopped at D’Angelo’s last week for lunch while we were running some errands.  If you aren’t familiar with the chain D’Angelo’s, they serve pocket sandwiches, grinders and such that are made to order when you order them.  It’s good, fast food.  This is the first restaurant I’ve ever been in though that used a Keurig to make the coffee.  I’m not a fan of the Keurig because I hate to think of all those little plastic things being thrown into landfills, but it does make a bit of sense in a place like this that doesn’t serve all that much coffee.  It beats having the coffee sit on a burner for hours on end and then being thrown out.  So this was something NEW to me and I enjoyed my NEW cup of coffee.  Wish they didn’t use foam cups though.


Also at D’Angelo’s, Greg got a soft drink of some sort and they gave him a pretty interesting cup.  What it says on the cup is what I hope you all get out of LIFE…a little something special, satisfaction, a fair chance and some ice cold refreshment when you need it.  After all, isn't that what we all want?  


My first thought on the prompt FRAGRANT was the scent of some kind of spring flower, but I have to admit that more than that I enjoy the smell of garlic cooking.  So that’s what I decided on for FRAGRANT.
  A gift from the gods…garlic.


But not being able to leave the flower thing behind, here’s what I came up with for PINK.


You may not be able to see it in this picture, but it is OBVIOUS to me that my daughter Carrie wishes I would put away my camera.  She was too polite to say so but I knew what she was thinking.


Hooking up to Scavenger Hunt Sunday.








16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

your daughter's expression made me laugh. :) very cute.

Christine E-E said...

cute expression... oh my - the picture of garlic is beautiful. would make a cool picture framed & hung in the kitchen.

Bethany said...

Love the garlic shot!

Sweepy said...

Woof, I think Carrie likes being photographed much like me! And yes, you deserve all that the cup said. And yes this week's SHS sounds like one hunt. Somebody almost did that with her baby who is new, is life, is pink, is fragrant, and obviously a work of love. Keeper said that not me ;-)

Happy Something!

Stasha said...

My boy is just like your daughter. Only she hides it really well. What a beautiful girl.

a shutter bug said...

Love the garlic shot and I agree, would be great framed and hung in the kitchen.

MadSnapper said...

great hunt. the garlic is really pretty to and fits the smelly thing, and that is a wild cup.

Nicki said...

Well done - on making a sentence and interpreting the words. I too love the smell of cooking garlic - add a little onion and I'm drooling at the mouth. Your daughter is quite lovely. I must confess that with my daughter, it is not only obvious, but blatantly so that she detests having her picture taken as evident of her many 'errr' expressions. You at least got the semblance of a smile.

Ashley Sisk said...

Great interpretation for fragrant - love that lighting.

Brian King said...

Nah, I'm sure she wasn't thinking that at all! LOL! Nice photos, Barb!

Nancy said...

That's why I'm glad dogs don't mind being photo subjects! Your daughter is cute! :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful post and you made me smile when you came to obvious. Ha! Isn't it amazing how mothers can see a certain look that others cannot? I hope she forgave you. :))

Debbie said...

i ADORE garlic!! my son looks the same way at my camera!! nice set!!

Onna said...

Awesome shots! I love the garlic photo!

Karen said...

oh Carrie looks love;y...she is very thoughtful allowing you to positively harass her with your camera....poor girl!

Unknown said...

Wonderful set, loved the shot of your daughter she has very expressive eyes.