Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crying over spilt coffee…


Seems like it’s going to be one of those days… I just spilled my coffee.  Fortunately for me, it wasn’t particularly hot (something I would normally complain about) and I spilled it almost totally on a pair of jeans that should have gone into the laundry yesterday anyhow.  So basically, no harm was done, except that I am short one coffee.

I have been fighting a creativity block lately.  And I don’t think that the act of spilling coffee is going to help unblock it.  But as I was sending my wet jeans down the laundry chute, it occurred to me that I am nothing without my coffee.  OK, so that is a bit on the dramatic side, but I do really love that first, second, third cup of coffee every day.  I like them well enough that I have taken quite a few photos of coffee. I will post some of those today.

Photographer and humorist Flash Rosenberg put it this way:  “I believe humans get a lot done, not because we’re smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee.”  I think I will go get another cup of coffee and toast her words of wisdom! And on my way to the kitchen, I will bestow a little pat of sympathy on our very relaxed and snoring pug who can’t make coffee…no thumbs, you know.





No comments: