Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Thousand and Thirty-two words…


They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  I don’t disagree, but once in a while, every thousandth or so photo I take (that I decide not to send to the little garbage pail in my computer) needs a little something to help it along.  Maybe I like the image, but it just doesn’t “say” anything to me.  So I add six or ten or thirty-two words to make it feel just right.





 




































Here are the words:

“Coffee falls into the stomach. Ideas begin to move. Things remembered arrive at full gallop.  The shafts of wit start up like sharp shooters. Similes arise.  The paper is covered with ink….”  Honore de Balzac

“Research tells us that 14 out of every 10 individuals likes chocolate.”  Sandra Boynton

“I base my fashion sense on what doesn’t itch.” Gilda Radner

“For after all, the best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain…”  Henry Longsworth Longfellow

No comments: